What I Love About The World

Friday, May 05, 2006

74. 10,000 Days


N-No, it really is quite good. 25 listens in, roughly three 75 minute sessions each day, and I'm starting to get into this muthafucker. Ok it's no Lateralus, but what is, but its still a bonafide hardcore savage/beautiful Tool record, as Renny might say "combing the brutal with the beautiful"

Jambi: 3.40 staccato guitar build up
Jambi: 3.56 Shred
Jambi: 3.59 that Slipknot riff
Jambi: 4.11 lead-in solo
Jami: 4.36 THAT solo (peel in)
Jambi: 5.03 start coiling it adam
Jambi: 5.16 shred again
Jambi: 5.56 Trademark Maynard
Jambi: 6.26 Thankyou Danny, Thankyou
JAMBI: 6.38 OH YES THAT's TOOL RIGHT THERE
Jambi onwards: Savage onslaught

I've nopticed that this album sounds, musically, quite a lot like Slipknot 3: The Subliminal Verses (especially the intro to "Wings for Maries (Part1)"). This isn't a bad thing since I liked it, just thought the singing was awful)
If you don't own this record you really should, but get Lateralus first (rob)


Marks out of 10? I'd give it one

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous g said...

has anyone actually got this except me and bill?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home